Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti Slosh Module?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Anti Slosh Module?

Does anyone know where the anti slosh module is on our cars? On Fox Stangs, it's on the back of the instrument cluster. I checked a spare T Bird cluster I have and don't see one.
    Vic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Man... you lost me on that one. Never heard of anything like that.
    Mike

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Hey Mike,

Don't feel bad. A lot of guys don't know what an anti slosh module is. When you're going down the road and hit the brakes, or accelerate hard, the fuel in your tank obviously sloshes around. To prevent your gas gauge from fluctuating when the fuel sloshes, Engineers designed a device for your car that's called an anti slosh module. This module takes the average fuel level over a wide period of time and uses that information to determine what your real fuel level is. When this module goes bad, your gauge will start to fluctuate and reflect your fuel's sloshing action, or your gauge will read empty all the time.

When fuel gauges in out cars read incorrectly, it's most commonly a bad sender. Your anti slosh module is the 2nd most likely culprit.
    Vic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Very cool, thank you.
    Mike

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

I thought thats why our tanks have a baffle in it by the sender
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

The baffle helps, but not enough by itself. A lot of tanks have baffles AND anti slosh modules though.
    Vic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I must need one when i stay on the go pedal to long the needle on the gas gauge goes down. That explains alot
    87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow muffler's. Black powder coated performer intake Holley 750 HP double pumper.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild king cobra clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the integrated 5v voltage regulator wouild act as that and supervise slosh.

the needles delay very strong to quick changes due to the design.

never heard of it on our cars.

never ran across it in the shop manuals either.

like more info on this ,, no one has ever mentioned this module before and so it seems reasonable that there is room for pause on our parts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I would think that the heated bi-metallic strip design of the small gauges in these cars would act as a de-facto anti-slosh module. Because the needle moves by heating a coil wrapped around a bi-metallic strip the needle is slow to react...
    1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score

I must say I have never heard of these before. I wonder if my 77 F150 has one, because when I floor it the gas gauge drops pretty fast then bounces back up when I let off.

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked