Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwesteners...

Feedback Score
    131 (100%)

Well, it rained for about an hour, then stopped. Now, overcast and calm. Not like the calm before a tornado....just calm.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,aluminum heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,Pypes O/R X-Pipe, Dynomax mufflers, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.55's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

barely got anything here, not wichita...... drove through there earlier today and saw the damage path minimal injuries and no deaths but the damage is unreal... large trees uprooted and laying on houses, power poles snapped but still suspended by wires, insulation everywhere.. all of this is in a location that we drive through everytime we go to wichita. very sad to see
    1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1983 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1979 Mercury Cougar XR7 302HO

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Yeah, Wichita got beat up pretty good. I talked to my buddy who rents our house in Wichita and he said he was hiding in the closet while it was all going on. Luckily we didn't get any damage to the house.
    1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi - Daily driver.
    2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I've heard (unconfirmed) that the twister hit or otherwise damaged a hangar building where the B2 Spirit bombers are kept, as well as Air Force 1....again though, this was just something I read on another car forum...I did a bit of searching, didn't find anything conclusive. (Of course, if our mighty, top secret bomber storage was damaged..are we really gonna leak it on the world's number one search engine? lol)
    '87 Mustang, 5 lug, brake mods, 3.55 gears. 5.0 swap coming soon.
    '88 Thunderbird Sport being parted out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm in the Air Force. If it happened, I'm sure I will hear about it at work. Haven't looked for any info today though.
    2013 Focus (Daily)
    1968 Cougar XR7
    1987 Turbo Coupe
    5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series Muffler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
    1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
    1984 Cougar (RIP)
    1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed. (sold)

Feedback Score

The hanger that got damaged is at the facility that works on Air Force 1, but it and any B2s are not located in Wichita. Goto Kansas.com if you want to see aerial photos of the damage. Spirit Aerosystems had alot of damage.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yeah..makes sense. I should've known better...the Spirit is based at Whiteman...only a couple hours from me..
    '87 Mustang, 5 lug, brake mods, 3.55 gears. 5.0 swap coming soon.
    '88 Thunderbird Sport being parted out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    I've heard (unconfirmed) that the twister hit or otherwise damaged a hangar building where the B2 Spirit bombers are kept, as well as Air Force 1....again though, this was just something I read on another car forum...I did a bit of searching, didn't find anything conclusive. (Of course, if our mighty, top secret bomber storage was damaged..are we really gonna leak it on the world's number one search engine? lol)
    people are silly, I did however drive by Spirit Aerosystems (AKA BOEING) where they build the air liners and they did get alot of damage so much that they are not working their employees.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    The hanger that got damaged is at the facility that works on Air Force 1, but it and any B2s are not located in Wichita. Goto Kansas.com if you want to see aerial photos of the damage. Spirit Aerosystems had alot of damage.
    was more than just a hanger buddy. when I drove past it looked like there was a lot of damage to the main buildings. The plant on K15 and MacArthur Rd