Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where the #*%@ is the horn button?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
    Yeah, putting the horn button on the turn signal switch was one of Ford's "Better Ideas" back then, just like TRX tires...
    This sounds like a post for my thread "Engineers what do they know ?" ! lol. In an emergency the turn signal switch would be snapped like a twig.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by homer simpson
    ...and i want a horn here, and here, and here! You can never find the horn when you're mad!
    :d
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dragon574444 View Post
    My 84 has 2 horn buttons, one on the turn signal stalk and one on the steering wheel.

yah, mine isnt like that wheel. mine is almost like a flattened out Grant steering wheel. metal "K" shaped frame and leather wrapped
    Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Does anyone have ones of these do switches that they would part with? I just bought an 86 Mustang and really want to use this steering wheel in it. Yes, I have held onto it that long.
    Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My 83 cougar has one, but its currently in use. I could check the yards around me next time i go junking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com