Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ecoboost Stang coming soon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default Ecoboost Stang coming soon!

Got to be honest, I didn't think this would happen. Very interested to see what engine they choose. Turbos rawk!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-eco...ar-future.html
    2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wonder how long the HP ratings can stay up and still meet EPA mpg standards? Its like the 2nd coming of the muscle car era right now and I'm loving it!
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!

Feedback Score

Sure seems like the Ecoboost is the future.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

What no "Ecoboost" 5.8 V8 for the Shelby GT500? That's where it should go. The power of a V10 with the gas mileage of a V8 .
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nbzimmer View Post
    Sure seems like the Ecoboost is the future.
    Turbos have offered the best combination of efficient performance for a long time now. They just have the downside of being more expensive to purchase.

I can't help but to wonder how far the turbo cars would have come already if Ford had continued with the turbo four cylinders back in the late 80's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 50tbrd88 View Post
    Its like the 2nd coming of the muscle car era right now and I'm loving it!
    I agree. I think it is even more so now, the HP ratings, retro styling, and much better MPG.
    Mike

Feedback Score

i don't know why, but i'm not feeling the muscle car '2nd era' thing at all.. the mustang and camaro never struck me as muscle cars.. a muscle car in my mind is a big car with big power.. ie - torinos, chevelles, etc etc.. plus the whole gas mileage aspect of it doesn't fit in with it for me..
    ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
    3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The current "6" is decent but OMG, thank you for this Ford if it happens. I didn't think it would happen either, and I hope it does.
    1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
    FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
    ~John~

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mustangs and cougars could have had more power stock then a chevelle, and not much lighter. I think in 1967 the mustang actually weighed more then the chevelle. More gas mileage is better. Why wouldn't you want it to be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    i don't know why, but i'm not feeling the muscle car '2nd era' thing at all.. the mustang and camaro never struck me as muscle cars.. a muscle car in my mind is a big car with big power.. ie - torinos, chevelles, etc etc.. plus the whole gas mileage aspect of it doesn't fit in with it for me..
    Personally I don't care if you call them muscle cars, sports cars, or super cars anything that pushes over 400 hp and can come with a 6 speed, from the factory, is awesome in my book. The funny part is these new performance cars are much better at everything compared to anything made in the late 60's early 70's.