Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast

Thread: So what does your fox look like today!!!!!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
    TC#2- Turbo BBF project
    TC#3- parts car

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GDawg148 View Post
    My 1988 Thunderbird LX 5.0. It's my first car and I'm a senior in high school. I just got some springs today and I plan on lowering it. It's too high. I also have an Explorer upper and lower intake manifold and a set of GT40P heads that I will eventually install. More pictures later..
    Attachment 33901
    Attachment 33905
    Here's to quite the makeover (check out those pictures in the quote above).

image1.jpg
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0
    Engine: FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
    Exhaust: shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks turned down
    Misc: 8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs

Feedback Score

Very nice. Love the stance. What size tires are those? What offset do you have on the rear rims? Do the tires rub? I was just down at Discount Tire yesterday to ask them about getting wider tires for the rear of mine. Couldn't help me. Said there were too many modifications.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tommym View Post
    Very nice. Love the stance. What size tires are those? What offset do you have on the rear rims? Do the tires rub? I was just down at Discount Tire yesterday to ask them about getting wider tires for the rear of mine. Couldn't help me. Said there were too many modifications.
    I can't remember exact offset, they have discontinued the 17x10 4 lug version. 245 front, 275 rears. The front rubbed because I lowered the car but rolling the fenders solved that problem.
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0
    Engine: FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
    Misc: 8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs

Feedback Score

Thanks for the information.
    What I am thinking is to have 2in added to the width of the rear rims on the inside. I like the rims I have and the way the car looks. Rims are 5 lug.
    I have 245/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1's on all 4 corners. Car handles great as long as the tires are warm. I would like wider tires on the rear for traction.
    How do you "roll" the fender lip without damaging the fender?

Feedback Score

Thanks for the information.
    What I am thinking is to have 2in added to the width of the rear rims on the inside. I like the rims I have and the way the car looks. Rims are 5 lug.
    I have 245/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1's on all 4 corners. Car handles great as long as the tires are warm. I would like wider tires on the rear for traction.
    How do you "roll" the fender lip without damaging the fender?
    Using a heat gun and keep it moving on the outside of the fender, remove the wheel and bolt a fender roller to the wheel studs and roll the fender lip flush. Have to be careful not to chip the paint. You can also use a baseball bat using the tire as leverage with the heat gun.
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The new way to do it now is to stick magazines or a phone book on the tires then jack the wheel up into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GDawg148 View Post
    Using a heat gun and keep it moving on the outside of the fender, remove the wheel and bolt a fender roller to the wheel studs and roll the fender lip flush. Have to be careful not to chip the paint. You can also use a baseball bat using the tire as leverage with the heat gun.
    I have a heat gun- I'd be afraid of torching the paint. Where can you get a fender roller? I'm a rookie when it comes to paint and body.

Feedback Score

I have a heat gun- I'd be afraid of torching the paint. Where can you get a fender roller? I'm a rookie when it comes to paint and body.
    As long as you keep the heat gun moving (back and forth across the lip) you'll be okay. Amazon should have fender rollers, try searching 4x108 fender roller on Google as well.
    '88 Thunderbird LX 5.0