Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on the Sport..OMG in living color!!!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Update on the Sport..OMG in living color!!!

Here's some pics of the 5 lug swap on the Sport, and a pic during the TC axle install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cougarman; 10-10-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport
    5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow mufflers. KYB struts from '04 Cobra, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from '00 Mustang, front and rear springs from '04 Cobra, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, '97 Mustang GT rear sway bar, '03 Mach 1 wheels. Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, sequential taillights.140 speedo and halo head rests. Started work on new motor...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

here's a pic of the old 7.5 2.75 axle, and the new 8.8 3.55 TC rear getting ready to go in.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport
    5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow mufflers. KYB struts from '04 Cobra, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from '00 Mustang, front and rear springs from '04 Cobra, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, '97 Mustang GT rear sway bar, '03 Mach 1 wheels. Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, sequential taillights.140 speedo and halo head rests. Started work on new motor...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Lookin good Herb!

Solid rotors...Mustang stuff?

I'm gonna try to find a Mark VII in the yards...and get what I need...
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    Lookin good Herb!

Solid rotors...Mustang stuff?

I'm gonna try to find a Mark VII in the yards...and get what I need...
    Yep 2000 GT brakes. I used MK VII stuff on my old Cougar, worked great but I had to grind down the hub on the front so my wheels would fit. Some of the newer Mustang wheels won't clear the hub.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I've got my fronts done already with SN95 stuff...was gonna go Mark VII on the rear..all I need is the brake stuff, have axles.

A buddy picked up his '99 Stang calipers...I can't wait to get a set for myself lol...they're super nice.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looks great dude!
    2013 Focus (Daily)
    1968 Cougar XR7
    1987 Turbo Coupe
    5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series Muffler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
    1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
    1984 Cougar (RIP)
    1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed. (sold)

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    I've got my fronts done already with SN95 stuff...was gonna go Mark VII on the rear..all I need is the brake stuff, have axles.

A buddy picked up his '99 Stang calipers...I can't wait to get a set for myself lol...they're super nice.
    You'll like the MK VII rears, big rotors and big calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Looks great dude!
    Thanks.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

So now the question is what wheels?
    1986 Cougar LS

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DVP View Post
    So now the question is what wheels?
    look on Facebook for a clue....lol.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Well on to paint now. Watcha think?
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport