Thread: Glueing track back to window (door)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Glueing track back to window (door)

Do you guys have a recommendation on what to glue the window back to the track? My bird does get drove alot and likes to form a dirts seal or something to the rubber stripping and rips the C clamp plastic thing off the window. I glued it with some kind of windshield installer once already and it happened again this summer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It is a major PITA. I put gorilla tape on the glass, scratched the tape up with some 120 grit sandpaper, then put some gorilla glue on the tape and shoved em back in the c clamp. It is real tight. I then rolled up the window and left if for 24 hours to cure. Been holding in 100 degree heat for 3 months now.

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I use a product called Marine Adhesive. It's an epoxy stick and never let me down. It's found at Wal Mart. Scuff up the glass and the c-clips, make sure they are very clean, and use the adhesive. Mine has held for almost 4 years now through all kinds of cold and heat.

There are different ways to do it, depending on who you ask. many have their own methods, including me. Read what responses you get, make a decision that fits your needs, and get busy.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I had it happen in the middle of winter a few years ago, only thing I had at the moment was some clear rtv silicone. Figured I would get back in and fix it the following spring. That was about 5 years ago now I guess and I never took the time to re-do it with some glass specific adhesive so as Vinnie said theres a ton of methods

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had a post about this. First off make sure your window slides up and down easily. Check the track it runs in, and check the metal tracks below, that the scissor metal pieces move in. I repaired mine with some high strength 2 part epoxy and it failed about 4 months later.

Next time, I bent some of the lower metal track to make it slide better. Roughed up the glass again and put JB weld on it with some new plastic clamp pieces. Been working and holding for several years so far, I dont expect a failure.

If your tracks are lined up and move freely, there isnt much strain to pull the glass down.
    Mike