Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Highflow Performance" fuel pumps?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default "Highflow Performance" fuel pumps?

Anyone ever heard of them? Ive been eyeballing one of their 255lph "walbro alternative" pumps they sell for $80 shipped.

They claim they are superior to genuine walbros because they are near silent compared to the notorious whine of a walbro, they have a one year warranty vs walbro making you pay $40 when you send a pump in. They also claim their pump outflows any other 255lph intank pump on the market at any pressure.

Its between that and a used walbro 255 I found locally on craigslist for $50...
    93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
    bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
    02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
    97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Feedback Score
    131 (100%)

Get it and try it. It has a warranty. I need a higher rated pump for the Sport. It has a stock (but new) H.O pump. I don't think it flows what the Sport is asking for at WOT.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,aluminum heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,Pypes O/R X-Pipe, Dynomax mufflers, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.55's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'd buy the best pump I could. Look at it this way: do you really want to drop the tank to replace a pump if it fails early?
    '88 T-bird LX: tbirdregistry.com #51801 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp Magnum 266HR cam, GT40 intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF w/24s, FMS stainless shorties, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 3.73 Traction-Lok, subframes. Stock: '91 Mark VII, '11 Focus SE, '12 Mustang in Grabber Blue

Feedback Score

I've used the 255 TRE sells with success. It's probably made by the same people. I'd get it.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by thunderjet302 View Post
    I'd buy the best pump I could. Look at it this way: do you really want to drop the tank to replace a pump if it fails early?
    I'd like to second the motion.

Feedback Score
    131 (100%)

I'd try the Highflow Performance. IF something went wrong, I don't have to drop the tank. The Sport is now equipped with an access panel in the trunk. Heck, the Autozone pump I have has been great for almost a year, it's just not flowing enough. I am going to upgrade.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,aluminum heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,Pypes O/R X-Pipe, Dynomax mufflers, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.55's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Outflows... great, Quiet.... great. What is the longevity of it? That would be my question.

Do you have a link or store? Im not familiar with it.
    Mike

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/255LP...item53e1c72ad3

http://www.manta.com/c/mtgn3sk/high-...el-systems-inc

One employee to me means they don't make them and who knows how long they will be around. I had a Walbro 255 in my Coupe for 7 years and had to drop the tank for other reasons so I decided to replace it just as insurance. Been on this one for five years and still good to go. I have the old one as a back up for the "Oh shit, my fuel pump died on a Sunday" scenario.

I would also like to see the flow bench that they did their comparisons on with regards to volume at pressure and what voltage they ran their pump at.

Darren

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

This is in no way to be construed as a dis to Walbro but the last two Walbro pumps I put my hands on were clearly marked "made In China" I have also seen "made in Mexico "on them as well .
    Fox-less at the moment

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I have had a Highflow performance 255 fuel pump in my Cougar for a few years now. I haven't driven it much, but I have had no problems with it.
    1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi - Daily driver.
    2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver