Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has guns?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

No guns here, just never got into them. My son shot trap when he was in high school and my brother in law is a gunsmith so certainly not against them

Feedback Score

Little of this and a little of that, good to exercise ones rights. It would be more fun if ammo was cheaper, mostly I only shoot .22's regularly anymore. Do a lot of hunting throughout the whole winter still, limb chickens, deer and such.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jcassity View Post
    got many and concealed permit.
    Got a long story for ya about knives though ...stuff....

My fav gun , muy Wafinfabric m81 41cal rimfire and yes its old.
    Yes, believe me I know about all that. I have already been through my concealed courses along with a class D & G FL security guard classes. FL is a little different though, where if you are open carrying a knife, its not considered a concealed, even if it is sheathed as long as it is plainly apparent that it is indeed a knife. (at least that's how I came to understand it) ...either way you've gotta be pretty ballsy to go strutting about with a friggin 5" knife on your belt. lol I tried it once just to see what kind of reactions I would get and a lot of people get a little weary. Course I don't blame em heh.

But if you are carying a pocket knife over 4" and its in your pocket, not on it, it is considered a C/W and therefore illegal I carry a razor blade knife on my pocket so I'm good.
    --Steve
    1988 Cougar LS 3.8L
    2012 F-150 XL 3.7L
    2011 Mustang V6 3.7L / 6-spd

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    FWIW, I will refuse to call ANY firearm a weapon, unless it's a crime scene we're discussing. Firearm, pistol, rifle, knife, personal safety tool, hell, even gun sounds better to the unkowing, uninitiated, and the sheep who even think a bb gun is a terrorist plot..

Anyway, as you can tell, I support the right to keep and arm bears...or something like that, lol
    I wasn't referring to firearms specifically, I just meant feel free to post about other things besides guns
    --Steve
    1988 Cougar LS 3.8L
    2012 F-150 XL 3.7L

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I understand, wasn't at all picking on ya
    Just to me, sounds like bad intent calling an innocent hunting rifle a weapon.

Now that Cole is pretty prone to getting into things he ought not, I need to get a gun safe and keep my stuff locked up. None are loaded in the house, and the cartridges are up on the top shelf in my bedroom closet (even I have to have a chair to reach 'em) but I'd feel a lot safer if they were behind a lock...

I was just thinking earlier tonight at work of when they're a little older, taking them shooting with the .22 rifles that their great grandfather bought almost 70 years ago...

It reminds of when he took me out in the pasture up north here and let me shoot the little bolt .22 he had, all those years ago...
    not to brag, but I was pretty damn accurate with a .22 at 8 years old lol. Made (and won) a 100 dollar bet when I was 11 that I could hit a golf ball at 100 yards with that .22...
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

THats exactly what you need to do.

Take them out while they're still little and teach them how to properly and safely use a gun. I remember when I was just 11/12 I got my first air rifle and I still to this day remember things I learned when I was learning how to aim it and what NOT to do with it, ....like point it downrange when someones there, loaded or unloaded. Things like that will stick in they're heads, and if you take them out often and let them use them, they'll be far less prone to try to sneak about and do stupid things they don't otherwise know any better not to.
    --Steve
    1988 Cougar LS 3.8L
    2012 F-150 XL 3.7L

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I have a Glock 9 mil. It's for safety. Other than that,I'm not interested in them. That's money I could spend on the car,which I can enjoy a lot more often,anywhere there's a road.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vinnietbird View Post
    I have a Glock 9 mil. It's for safety. Other than that,I'm not interested in them. That's money I could spend on the car,which I can enjoy a lot more often,anywhere there's a road.
    I'm with you on this. I'm not big into guns, and don't have one yet, but within a month I will be getting a .380, for protection in case something were to ever happen, it's not a very big pistol, but enough to keep someone off if need be, hopefully I will never have to use it. I will also be going through the concealed carry class. because of my work we travel a lot, and sometimes don't stay in the best of 'hoods. My aluminum baseball bat that I keep under the bed will be retiring....lol
    FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'd recommend something a bit bigger than a .380....I've shot one, felt like a trumped up bb gun...
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I picked up these babies last week!
    Attached Images Attached Images