Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Who has guns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I found a .22WMR (.22 mag to you old timers). It needs a magazine (i found a place online, ordered 2).

It's a Westernfield M822, basically a Monkey Ward's version of the Mossberg 640K. (or is that 460K, apparently I just had a dyslexic moment)

I found 3 boxes of rounds for it today, and my dad bought another one for me. I also picked up a 100 count box of Remington/UMC .40 180gr JHP. I think I am still lacking in the projectiles department though.
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.
    "still slower than your grandma's scooter"..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

This is about the only time this one will be seen by the public:
    PPS.jpg

PPS2.jpg
    Has 2 7 round mags, and a 6 round mag is inserted for CC. I'm now legal to carry concealed, and to that end I have a Tommy Theis IWB hybrid holster...that thing is so comfortable I can forget it's there. I also have an Uncle Mike's grip on the firearm, with a tiny edge cut off avoid interference with the mag. I also have a DPM recoil reduction guide rod and spring system in place...anyone that's shot a subcompact in the larger calibers will know what a buck the .40S&W has...with the DPM stuff in place...there's virtually no flip, just a straight back push. It's very easy to hold on target...and that trigger....there is nothing like it.
    I've also modded the sights to get by until I can get some Mepro or Trijicon Tritium sights located and bought.

I've also got a very similar holster for the PPQ, and I can wear it concealed as well, although I need a vest or a loose sweater, as it's nearly a full size pistol.

The PPQ is such a hit with my wife too....I'm afraid I'll end up having to buy her one of the brand new models that's actually sold here by Walther instead of the older style that were imported by S&W. The only gripe I have about the PPQ M2 is the button mag release (sell outs!) and the incompatibility of those mags with the original "Classic" style such as the one I own.

The only other thing I don't like is that these aren't available in .45ACP or .357SIG. To me, that's a damned shame. Anyway...show and tell is over for now.

My view of things:
    2013-03-16 01.16.58.jpg
    '87 Mustang notch; 5 lug, PBR calipers, 3.55 gears, SFC's, mild 5.0 with '40P's, Cobra intake, E cam, BBK headers and X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    .show and tell is over for now.
    I think you said a mouthfull,,

nice gear you have there~!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it....it's reliable to a T...the only failure I have had was when I (deliberately) limp-wristed it...of course it then gave me a FTE...I mostly use the Winchester white box 180grain hollow point stuff, but have ran several boxes of the Winchester fmj just for target and practice shooting. I was carrying some Glaser Pow'rBall self defense ammo...but during some backyard tests, I found that over half didn't expand.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Here is my modest collection. 12gauge 870 express synthetic 18" barrel scattergun technologies +1 extension(bring it to 7+1), remington 700 adl .270WIN, Taurus pt-145(bottom left, actually sold it about a month ago), and Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm SS(planning on selling and buying a glock).

I'm looking to buy a Colt le6920 or 6940, ak variant, a cetme, fal, or m14 variant, or all of the above.

Selling the 24/7 G2 because right out of the box it had issues, took to trips to miami to finally fix the light primer strikes. Then two weeks ago I bought a magazine to add to the two factory ones so I could actually use my double mag holder while open/concealed carrying...damn thing got stuck. Wouldn't eject, customer service said back order was 6-8 weeks and that exchanging to retailer would be faster. Exchanged it, same thing, returned magazine.

Also I have found the compact guns are too damn small to shoot worth a damn. Right holster can conceal a full size easily enough, so screw it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

I carry a kel-tec pf9 every place I, go its small enough to fit in my pocket so I'm never tempted to leave it at home.

Feedback Score

rossi 357mag, kimber 45 acp, 12 gauge remington 870, 20 gauge mossburge 500, thats just what we keep here in the office

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'm still carrying my Walthers, though I've went from .40 t0 9mm, although in the same "package". That's a PPS for cc duty, the PPQ with an extended mag and light for nightstand work, and of course a 12GA Mossy with slugs for people who don't understand "Get the fuck out" in any other language...

I've got a few more, but the ones above are the ones I grab first when bad shit starts. As I type this, my PPQ Classic is by my side. I'd like to branch out to some SIG stuff, I've been wanting to get a '226 ever since I shot one a few months ago...excellent firearm. The HK VP9 is excellent too, and I'll likely get the SK (compact) of it, unless Walther announces a PPQ compact this fall at SHOT show.

Feedback Score

I've been carrying a P225 for about a decade now, it's bigger than your Walthers by quite a bit though. During my hiatus from working on cars I got interested in building firearms, have done a few rewelds now with another on the bench waiting for some lathe time to neuter the bolts naughty bits before building it up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I love my Walthers. I have a PPS M2 LE for carry, and a PPQ M1 for home and range (that trigger still makes me giggle and puts double taps practically through the same hole).
    VP9 isn't for me though, too snappy, and though I prefer a paddle mag release, HK's are just too short. When I bought my PPQ, I chose the M1 over the M2 specifically for that reason.
    I've also started making my own Kydex holsters and Mag carriers.
    1988 Thunderbird 5.0
    GT40P, TFS-1, KB domes, 30#, MAF conversion, Explorer GT40 Upper/Lower, Smog delete, Wide Ratio AOD Mod, Unlocked Speedo, 3G Charging System Upgrade, Hi-Torque Mini Starter, 3.73 LSD, BBK 1 5/8 unequal headers, H-Pipe.

88 Thunderbird/Cougar EVTM
    (Thanks to Trinom for hosting)