Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Important CJ Information

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Most of my family lives around Tampa.. My cousin has horses down there..
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daminc View Post
    Most of my family lives around Tampa.. My cousin has horses down there..
    I used to live in Tampa. It really sucks there.(For me anyway) As soon as I was (almost ) of age I was gone. Left when I was 17 and never plan on going back. Like said before, it especially sucks for those who don't have a ton of money. I was pretty poor growing up, and living in Florida part of that time made it worse. And there isn't much to do there. When I got a job and got my first paycheck, I bought a season pass to Busch Gardens. What a waste. It wasn't that much fun the first time, never mind a second or third. Oh, and the beaches there suck. Last I remember Clearwater, it was pretty dingy.
    FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Tampa is better then living in this 6 months out of the year...

yes, those are 16" wheels on it. this happens almost every day in winter

these are good driving conditions in winter

I'm pretty done with this winter stuff. And to make it worse, I have to work outside in it all winter. below zero, with wind that comes in off the lake... The only thing worse then being here, is living in Minnesota...
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    128 (100%)

I'll keep Oklahoma. Nice summer days that hit near 115-120 at the peak of summer, winter that lasts about 2 months,but only snows a couple of times,and it's usually all gone the next day. I have adapted well.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,GT-40 intake,GT40-P engine,ported heads,Cobra 1.7 Cobra rockers,65mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,Pypes O/R X-Pipe, Dynomax mufflers, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.55's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft.

Feedback Score

LOL, love that pic of the good driving conditions. It's so true. If I can feel the tires grabbing pavement at all through the snow, it's go time. You get used to it after the first few feet of snowfall in the year.

Of course when it gets really cruddy, the 1996 Silverado 4X4 gets me to work. I have a 30 mile commute, so 25 mph is not an option!

On to topic:

Youngstown is only an hour from here, I can make the next one. It's a huge amount of work, and much appreciated that it happens at all.

The local Merkur guys always get together in my area every year. It's just everyone hanging out in a parking lot for a few hours, but it happens every year and people go. I attended a couple times and once in the TR7 after I sold the Merkur. It was just fun being together once a year.

We could do the same thing locally this year. Just pick the spots and the weekend, make it known and then go. Even if it's just a couple cars at first it'll grow over time. Don't try to plan a whopper, just a simple gathering. That way it's nothing lost if it isn't a huge success.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by RunninWild View Post
    There's a lot of cheap property to be had...

I found a lot (1/3 of an acre) for 2800 bucks near where my parents live in Citrus County.
    $2,800 will buy me almost three acres of land, around here

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I come from Ontario and I MISS me Cat Jams!!!!. My GF wants to come see one. And Nick, I cant believe your Cougar is gone.. WTF??!

Feedback Score

I know, whats up with that Nick, I told Roger the other day that yours was gone and he didn't believe me! You gotta inform here man!
    Oh and I was also informed that my girls miss CJ...so they want to know if it's happening this year.
    ~Karen~

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1WLD BRD View Post
    I come from Ontario and I MISS me Cat Jams!!!!. My GF wants to come see one. And Nick, I cant believe your Cougar is gone.. WTF??!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngel1198 View Post
    I know, whats up with that Nick, I told Roger the other day that yours was gone and he didn't believe me! You gotta inform here man!
    Oh and I was also informed that my girls miss CJ...so they want to know if it's happening this year.

"sigh" Yep!

Steve "CougarKing" has it now..

but when there is a catjam i will be there with the Mark Viii

Nick
    "Cougarless"
    there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thats ok Nick, I will mostlikely be there in my Super coupe.... MAYBE the '83, but not sure.