Feedback Score

Default My (New to Me) 1997 T-Bird

Paid for it @ 4:30pm, had it in the driveway @ 9:45pm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Great find... A couple years ago before I got my Mustang I was sick over two nice 1997 Tbirds I seen on a dealer lot. Both in great shape... One later red with beige leather and the other bight red with gray interior. Both had V8's and sunroofs IIRC. When I was looking I was in no position to buy those cars used. And of course when they go they go.

Now I get sick when I see so many nice examples of Tbirds at Pull-A-Part that many are not even wrecked... I think they must have been C4C cars or something.

I know I would be better off buying a good used late model Bird rather than spending a paramount of money and time on the one I have now. However, I have to save my Bird and return it to some level of glory. It belonged to my step-mom and the body is in very good shape. I just wish I could progress more on it... I have yet another setback... I have to have wisdom teeth pulled and several crowns put on... My insurance for that will run out for the year and not pay for enough of it all.

Feedback Score

Nice find! I had a 96 in the same colors. I put the Ford Motorsport "Cobra" wheels on it. Nice ride until a deer messed it up.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill
    "as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice find for sure! Looks to be in great shape.

Jay----1988 Thunderbird 5.0----
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/651203

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My bro has a car about like that...
    '88 'bird, 1-family owned, original 302 converted to HO, T-5 swap, CHE upper/lower control arms, weld-in SFC's, BBK shorty headers & O/R H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, fox GT tailpipes, Turbo Coupe 8.8 w/3.73's, 11" front brakes, lowered, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, Chuck W shock adapters and motor mounts, 15:1 rack & PS pump, custom alum. driveshaft, chrome '93 Cobra wheels, Falken tires, 20% tint, close to 190,000 miles!

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

Nice looking Bird.I had thought about getting one while I work on the Sport.Where are you located?
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score

Thanks for the words, gang. I forgot how nice is was to ride in a luxury coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnietbird View Post
    Where are you located?
    I updated my profile, so no more guessing haha!
    If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

Oh,I thought it was closer.There's a Joe Heitz dealer in Oklahoma as well.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score

Looks really nice and that interior looks comfortable. Good light colour to not roast in the summer. Tint those windows and maybe add a sound system and your set!

'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
    '02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
    '08 Chevy Cobalt