Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: window clip glue epoxy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default window clip glue epoxy

Anyone had long term luck with reattaching the clips to the bottom of the side door glass???

What product?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I've used aquarium silicone with success. I've also used silicone I purchased from a glass/mirror shop. No name brand on it; $5....I have yet to find anything better.

Make sure the glass is clean. Use rubbing alcohol to clean the area once you remove all the old silicone and ensure all surfaces are dry before applying the new silicone. I can not stress this enough.
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I used a Marine grade epoxy stick (break off a piece,knead it til the color is uniform,apply it).Works in the cold,under water,etc.I installed it about 3 years ago and it's still holding strong.As Demon stated,make sure the glass and clips are surgically clean,and I even got some rough grit sand paper and sanded the glass and clips for that little bit of extra "bite" for the epoxy.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,TMoss GT-40 intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,70mm t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster 40's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels,Mass Air, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I removed the windows and "surgically cleaned" the glass and clip areas, then carried them to a glass shop. They used their magic goop on them and didn't even charge me.
    I installed the glass and left them up for two days. Been working fine ever since (5+ years).
    Raleigh, NC.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

jb weld 9 years and going

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Its called Window Weld ask for it at your local auto parts store. I sell it all the time. Same thing they use to hold in your windshield. How long has that been holding! Yeah a long damn time.

Stuckman
    84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
    4 eyes see better than 2!
    Da Bird!

FreeBird

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ipsd View Post
    Its called Window Weld ask for it at your local auto parts store. I sell it all the time. Same thing they use to hold in your windshield. How long has that been holding! Yeah a long damn time.

Stuckman

+1

i didnt get window weld.. it was 3m so maybe it was. but i got windshield epoxy, which is black. my drivers side window, both of the clips were broken to where only one side is all i had to glue to the window... believe it or not, 6 years later the windows still working.

An American Restoration.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
    1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

All the above suggestions will work as long as your track is in good condition. If the sleeve is damaged, has fallen down some, or other such circumstances exist, none of the above will solve the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I used some 2 part epoxy I had, plastic weld-good for all plastics and glass etc. Rated at 3500 psi, whatever that means.

I removed and cleaned the clips and drilled a few small holes through them, to let the glue flow through and bond better.

sanded and roughed up the glass, and installed everything. Seems to hold like a rock, currently. Well see how it goes.

I also put some spray white lithium grease on the tracks.

Feedback Score

I used to work for a cadi dealer,and the windows on 2000 up devilles has "clamps" on the regulator with 10mm nuts. these clamps worked awsome for repairing the windows. no glue to seperate.