Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

So what are the engine plans for this one?
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have no real plans for it right now. It leaves rubber just fine the way it is.
    Besides, who wants to go light speed in something with no roof.

I'll just clean it up and make it pretty
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here's a pic after I cleaned it up.
    Not bad seeing the car was from IL.

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

man, it still baffles me why they have AC on a convertible.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1WLD BRD View Post
    I actually used it while the top was down. It gets real hot sitting at a signal.

Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daminc View Post
    I actually used it while the top was down. It gets real hot sitting at a signal.
    LOL, try that in a black car with one window down cause your passenger side motor doesnt like the heat, in pants and long sleeves. Going to try and fit the A/C this summer though.
    1986 Cougar LS

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

The engine bay looks good. You may want to do a stock HO conversion to the 'Vert ie SEFI HO
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daminc View Post
    lol plus the wind gets coold down on those hot dry days and feels o so good ....tear

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1WLD BRD View Post
    A/C was standard on the LS, so that's why mine had it. The PEP packages usually included A/C also, and those were popular back in the day. I really can't recall seeing a convertible without factory air, in fact. However the cars were shipped to Car Craft, that's how they chopped them.

When I first got my convertible in '96 the A/C worked great. Then the next summer it lost the freon and I never fixed the system. It was kind of nice to have with the top up, I will admit that. Now that it's removed from the car, trips are very, very hot depending on the time of day I'm travelling. Sometimes I wish it was still in the car...

Feedback Score

I gotta say very nice and under the hood looks alot like how my bird did when i brought her home. And is it just me or does she look like a bird when the tops up=]