Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution II.....SEFI upgrade ..... updated 10-23-2015

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    I really like the lines on those cars with the tops up.
    the coolest part, is the way the back window slopes back. It changes the entire look of the car
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So the other day I had decided to pull the side mouldings off, because they were starting to curl, and the piece behind the door didn't match the rest.
    After I got it off and started to get the 3M tape residue off the door, I realized that when the car was painted, the masked the trim and mouldings to paint the car. So now there's a n Oxford white stripe down the center of the door on a white pearl car. LOL .....I guess I'll have to put the moulding back on until I redo the car.

I've also noticed that the car is only 3" shorter then my 87. But it feels like it's a foot shorter for some reason

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i miss my car .....and she looks naked with out the molding.hmmm topless and naked i like it keep up the good work bro and yes the air shocks look great

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hey, how did this get so sticky already? I haven't really done anything to it yet. LOL

Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I made the thread sticky where there were just two posts in it. You can't have one of your cars' threads sticky and the other one not! That's just wrong. Besides...we know you're going to tear into this one eventually, and for those that have never seen a convertible it's going to be a really great opportunity to see how it was made.

You've already attained legendary status here. I just made sure that this thread can carry on that tradition.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks, I'll do my best Eric.
    The top replacement should be coming soon.

Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Remember Jerry, there's a certified top installer according to that site in Niagara Falls here

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daminc View Post
    the coolest part, is the way the back window slopes back. It changes the entire look of the car
    I know...makes me want one...
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Wow nice project Jerry. I can't wait to see your progress. I'm glad someone like yourself has this car and will fix it right.

Feedback Score

Post some pics after you remove the interior and we'll see what you have, or "don't have" so to speak.
    Will do. I guess I could start a thread with what pics I already took. The dash wont be hard (jinx) to get out so I can remove those vents.

@ Chuck W.

Did you get that turbo 4 put back together? I bought some motor mounts from you about 3 years ago ( I live on the west side) and I saw it but it was still on a stand.