Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5.0 with an Eaton M90?

Feedback Score

Default 5.0 with an Eaton M90?

A buddy of mine has an 89 Mustang 5.0 and wants to put an Eaton M90 from a supercoupe on his car similar to the picture. I told him it wouldn't do all that much, low boost and lots of fab work but he seems determined. Is this worth it?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Why not just get a supercharger system designed for a Mustang?
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

Because he's cheap? I have no real idea other than he wants cheap power and you can find these pretty easy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

well if he is really going to get into huge HP numbers he would be better off going with a different set up. The m90 is very limited. SC guys are overdriving them with some issues in the long run. Ie bearing falure. But id run a different setup on that anyway since the m90 is really limited.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There was a kit in the 90's from BBK called the InstaCharger. Looked like that but without the obvious custom hacking.

From what I hear an m90 can do 9~psi or so on a 5.0. Thats more than a $2000 elcheapo supercharger kit is going to get you.
    Three 88's

Feedback Score

I guess he found one from a guy for $200 off of a 91 SuperCoupe, I've seen the car he wants to take it off of. Its in great shape other than some minor bumps and scrapes, its a good lookin car. He wants me to make it work and I am looking for some good arguments on weather its worth it or not. I just don't know if this is going to work.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CougarSE View Post
    without the obvious custom hacking.
    Love the clamp end hanging past by 3 inches....

Hardest part? Finding/Fabbing a way to mount it....
    It'll take some time to do it right, but if he's patient
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score

Yeah its not exactly beautiful.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

http://www.toohighpsi.com/SCTC/sctc.htm

This guy does some amazing work, here's a twin supercharged V8 Turbocoupe.
    '97 Ranger 3.0
    88 Tbird Sport
    5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow mufflers. KYB struts from '04 Cobra, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from '00 Mustang, front and rear springs from '04 Cobra, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, '97 Mustang GT rear sway bar, '03 Mach 1 wheels. Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, sequential taillights.140 speedo and halo head rests. Started work on new motor...

Feedback Score

Mike Sitar is my hero. HAHA