Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SN95 dash?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default SN95 dash?

I didn't want to take over anyone threads so I'm starting a new one...

Has anyone completed an SN95 dash swap yet? I had a few questions. Like, did the mustangs have autolamp that can be spliced into the thunderbirds system? What airbox is used? fox or SN? Any other HVAC issues? Pedal assembly? Cruise control? Did any SN cars have audio controls on the steering wheel? I'll have more later... I SO want to do this!
    Last edited by booksix; 02-18-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    '89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

hmm... Even better?? How about an 05+ mustang dash?
    '89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i know you have to use a sn95 pedal assembly, sn95 steering column, and then you have to cut your firewall up for the shaft support bearing. then you have to find a way to adapt your steering shaft to bolt up to the fox steering rack.

like i said in the other thread. do a search about it. not many people, nor i, have enough experience with it.
    1979 Ford Fairmont

5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Does it look like your a-pillar trim will look ok next to the sn dash?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

baxo has started this swap but hasn't finished it....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ok, so I know that the s197 dash is too wide to even cut down and fit. I just had another question about the SN dash for you, 32V:

How do you know how much to trim off the back? I'd probably figure it out upon seeing it but I was just trying to get some more info before deciding if I'm going to do it.

Also, as an extra side note, I found one guy that modified/fabbed column brackets and used his fox column... just so anyone else knows that it's at least an option. I'm thinking about maybe doing that to keep my TC wheel (especially since I spent so much time adding my new wireless audio buttons!)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

trimming was done on the top part of the dash "pad" to close the gap on each end next to the a-pillars. on the driver side the sn95 dash use a large metal pipe for the air duct. you will need to trim that too, to clear the inside of the body.
    1979 Ford Fairmont

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I see, so, the firewall has a deeper curve on the SN cars? I was thinking you'd just have to make a template of the fox dash, line it up so it meets up with the sn dash on the two ends/corners (by a-pillars) and cut off the extra. So, the far two ends don't really get cut... ...kinda? It's hard to explain what I'm thinking but does that make sense?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

you would have big gaps on the sides of the dash, where it goes up against the door seal, if you were to just transfer the curve of the fox dash to the sn95 dash.
    1979 Ford Fairmont

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, i guess that's what I'm trying to understand. How do you know where and how much to cut?