Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck's '83 TBird

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Chuck's '83 TBird

At least that's the preliminary verdict. I'll hold the final one until I can heat cycle it up to temp again and see if it decides to smoke. So far it seems fine.

I actually had it back together yesterday, but held off until today to try and fire it since I needed to get some antifreeze (It will be spending a couple months in a non-heated garage....so just water won't do).

Of course it's running just in time for all this snow to hit this week so it's not going anywhere just yet.

It looks like it will warm up and rain(to clean the roads) this week so maybe next weekend I can get it to it's hibernation spot. I need to get it a fill tank of happy premium too...

I took it off the road last Oct/Nov to deal with the block issue, then the head issue popped up once I got that back together in the spring/summer, so it's been in the garage a year.

Barring any more shenanigans I'll be able to drive it come spring. Then I'll get into the next bit of mods
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score

still rock'n the 2.3?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Cool just in time for the salt

Pics
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmannick View Post
    still rock'n the 2.3?
    For right now. The whole plan for this past spring was to get the car running so I could deal with other things, but it decided not to cooperate. Still it was cheaper at the time to grab another head and swap that out than to get into the I6 swap and all that will entail. I'll have a cleared out heated garage to work in this winter, so I'll get into block and head prep on the six. I'm also rebuilding the rear suspension on my Scorpio, so I needed to room to weld/paint/etc.

thunder...yeah I know... It's supposed to warm up and rain here this coming week, so hopefully I can make the 10-15 min trip to the other garage and the roads will be moderately clear.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post

thunder...yeah I know... It's supposed to warm up and rain here this coming week, so hopefully I can make the 10-15 min trip to the other garage and the roads will be moderately clear.
    One can only hope. Salt is evil
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    Barring any more shenanigans I'll be able to drive it come spring. Then I'll get into the next bit of mods
    wanna drive it to CJ before you tear into it for the I6 conversion?
    gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

The I6 is going to be really cool. I can't wait for that to go in...
    Michael Pinto

83 RX-7 GSL; 12A/5-Speed, Red/Red; 100% Stock - 16.344@83.34
    01 CV Police Interceptor; 4.6 SOHC V8/4R70W, Dk Blue/Grey; K&N FIPK/RP Oil/Optima/Superchips/Flowmaster 40's/2.5" cat-back - 14.854@92.37
    84 TBird Turbo Coupe (John's); MY 5.0/T5, Rescued from the crusher, we're building it for the $2009 GRM Challenge.

http://www.rotarycarclub.com/

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

OK well the final verdict is.......

The '83 lives again!!!

I started it up again this afternoon when I got home from work and ran it up to temp and no smoking.

The tune is all to cock, especially when cold, but I'm not going to really mess with it until it has some fresh gas in it and I have time to drive it and sort it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So... Twin Turbo I6 or...?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tc² View Post
    So... Twin Turbo I6 or...?
    Probably just a single...