Page 1 of 337 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Grand Island, New York (between Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Ontario, Canada)
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Well, It all begins this week.
    I had a couple hours today to do some work on my baby. Monday was going to be the official start of the car rebuilding but I couldn't wait until then. So here's a couple pre-project pics.

Here's a before, for those who haven't seen it

yet

and here's the floor in mid cut

inside rocker cut , still needs more

here's a view from the outside rocker looking into the car.
    you can see through the pass. side window from here
    hey, there's the e-brake cable

here's some prefab metal work where the wheel well meets the floor and rocker

inside view of outer rocker front

I figured there would have been more rust inside the frame. just some surface rust.
    so anyway, the floor is already bent up and ready to be cut to size.
    the inside rocker will be cut out where rotted. and a new piece welded along side the old one for added strength.
    everything will be blasted and encapsulated before and after the new pieces are welded in

I'm glad the pass. side is in a lot better shape

monday starts my 2 week car body rebuild.
    I should have new pics every evening. ---If everything goes well.
    Last edited by daminc; 07-12-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Project Thread Update
    ***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed.
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

You're the man!! Way to save a Fox instead of scrapping it. Of course, it's easy for me to say when you're the one doing all of the work. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing the updates.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

daminc , just one step at a time and you'll see your (Cougar LS) will be reborn again. lol
    Dan & Paula

85 Black green eyed Cougar LS

Photo Album:
    http://www.vb.foureyedpride.com/album.php?albumid=665
    2013 Foxbody Calendar: August selection
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/ed-prete/20...C00F62481AC7DC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

keep up the good work

1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
    1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
    1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
    Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WOW, that makes my 85 Cougar look mint and not so bad of a restoration.... Maybe I should reconsider scrapping it.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WOW, that makes my 85 Cougar look mint and not so bad of a restoration.... Maybe I should reconsider scrapping it.....
    lets have a look.

It just takes a little patience. and a place to do it

We'll have to get together some day. we're only about 20 mins. from each other

5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner mufflers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
    Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

yeah I'd be up for that, but it is a little further then 20 minutes, I am about an hour away from the peace bridge.

I will get some pics today of the floor pan in mine, Mine is covered in rust but the holes are nowheres near that size..... I have almost all the good metal I need to weld it back up, except the floor pans, may just fabricate something like you are doing...

Keep up the good work, you have given me a renewed inspiration in my restoration.... Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WOW! that is ALOT worse than my 84. Now maybe i should save the 84. But also i know i have a new project on my hands. But yeah time and money is the key. Good luck and looks good so far.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah I'd be up for that, but it is a little further then 20 minutes, I am about an hour away from the peace bridge.
    I'm about 5 min from the Queenston/Lewiston bridge if thats closer
    and about 20 min from the peace bridge

Join us on Facebook

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, good luck with the project. I give you a lot of credit for attacking this and you're doing a great job so far.

I had a '76 Camaro that rotted out much the same way on both the driver and passenger side. I wanted to save that car but every metal body panel was rotted through along with the dash and cowl so it was sold for parts