Thread: 88 TBird 5.0L MAC longtubes and motor mounts?

Feedback Score

Default 88 TBird 5.0L MAC longtubes and motor mounts?

I may have a future project of putting a 5.0L (GT40P) in a 88turbocoupe. I understand that the MAC longtubes should work okay with the GT40P's but what about those funny motor mounts? I caught hell finding mounts (the part that bolts to the motor) to use or just use as a template if I need to fab new ones. I think the non-hydro style rubber mount units that are sold by NAPA is best for this job but I would think the steel part on motor will the clearance concern, you tell me guys.....Ken.
    Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
    How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Nate is offline If I could get a firm grip on reality, I'd choke it!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i put in a mustang kmember so i could use aftermarket poly mounts and get better clearance. dosnt take to long.
    1987 Ford ThunderBird Turbo
    2001 F250 diesel 6speed
    2001 taco on 37's with home made armor plate
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/585475

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I have GT40Ps on mine but I used Ford Racing Stainless shorty headers. They fit ok but I had to cut a notch in the driver's side mount top so the #1 tube would fit with out having to ding it.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Within the next few months, I may have a set of Mac-long tubes and matching pro-chamber up for sale...as well as a set of Chucks poly motor mounts that have treated me very good...The headers are ceramic coated by the way...still look real nice.

If you have a little patience, I can get you a good price.

-Don
    Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Feedback Score

Yes sick88, I might be interested in the headers. If you had them on an 88 tbird, they must of worked ok on the bird's funny K member, correct? As thunderjet said, the Ford Racing shorties have a close fit concern on the left site but I hoped the long tubes were not a problem....Ken.
    Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions
    How To Videos specializing in Ford powertrains

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

ChuckW's mounts should allow you to run anything. I don't know if he has any left right now though.....
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6