Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm at work...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default So I'm at work...

Working outside in the Garden Department when all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I spot something. It appears to be a dark blue Turbo Coupe at the far end of the parking lot. I run outside, ignoring the customers around me to check it out. I can see the car circling around the far end of the lot kind of where my car was parked. Then it appears to park right next to my car. At this point, I figure the occupants must be in the know.

Two people get out. An older guy and woman, maybe in their late 40's to early 50's. Both of them are glancing over my car, pointing at it, and muttering stuff to themselves. I was hoping to chat with them, but they never made it over to my side of the Building.

The good news is that I was able to convince a fellow worker with a Cell-phone camera to snap a few pictures of proof that this actually occurred. What I can gather from the photos is that it's a 5 speed and that it's blue.

<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
    -DMC24guy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i love it when that happens. too bad that around here, nobody has an appreciation for these cars. :/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

theres about 10-20 that run in my sorta big city of around 200,000 people as far as TCs but for those years theres only about 30-40 that run at all.

Theres about 5 or 6 fixed up which is kind of cool.

That almost nevers happens nice to see you got a few pics of it both nice cars and well kept up.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
    1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
    1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car
    1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

His wheels are so much shinier than mine...Guess I have to buy the gallon of Mothers Mag Polish...
    <---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
    -DMC24guy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am thinking about powercoating mine in the next 2 or 3 months be nice if i had a 2nd set of wheels and tires to borrow for 1 or 2 days.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
    1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
    1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car
    1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by DMC24guy View Post
    His wheels are so much shinier than mine...Guess I have to buy the gallon of Mothers Mag Polish...
    Better get one of those Powerball things that ol' Foose hawks too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You should have put the sites Addy on there window. Then we might have got another new member. oh well it is still cool
    84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
    4 eyes see better than 2!
    Da Bird!

FreeBird

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why do they have those big tree planters in the middle of the parking lot?

My car wouldn't clear the "curb" around it and I'd have to park all funny in such a spot.

Garrett H.
    '94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
    '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
    Exhaust sound clip
    Another clip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I took off my Mud Guard a long time ago, so I have a little more clearance. As for the Trees in the parking lot....It's called shade...and living in Tucson, AZ...AKA...The desert....it's necessary. Trust me.

I would have left the site address on his car, but like I said, I never actually got to look at the car up close. A friend took the pictures.
    -DMC24guy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_LX View Post
    Why do they have those big tree planters in the middle of the parking lot?
    Because it gets up to about 350 degrees in the summer. Shade is king!

I traveled to Tucson for a conference in July two years ago. The first spots to be taken in the lot were those by the trees. Even the spots 100 yards from the exhibition hall were taken before the front row was full.

It's a dry heat though. I'll take 110 in Tucson over 95 in Alabama.