Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzzing noise when off = dead battery

T88C Guest

Default Buzzing noise when off = dead battery

Now, i got the car at the end of last week so i havent driven it that much. to get it home was about 30 mins then i drove it around for a little bit today after i got it registered. i went to my buddys house tonight and after i got shut the car off there was a buzzing noise coming from the drivers side between the firewall and the intake manifold. i havent been able to narrow it down cause it was dark but thats where its coming from. so i didnt think anything of it when i got out of the car but 3-4 hours later the car was dead. got it to start by jumping it with my buddys jeep

now what is this buzzing noise ( i know its hard w/o hearing or seeing it) its on when the car is on and stays on when the car is off. i dont know what it is? the car runs fine. i might just have to go and start unpluggin ish tomorrow. but if anyone has had this happen please let me know

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

get a piece of waterhose and use it as a stethoscope to narrow down the sound.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

brake booster?
    93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
    bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
    02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
    97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

T88C Guest

its a roundish thing right under/near the master cylinder if thats my brake booster then i guess so.... how do i disconnect it?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

acumilator? round black thing right?
    RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
    I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
    Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex muffler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
    Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
    my $300 beater
    R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

T88C Guest

yeah its a round black thing next to the master cylinder kind of in the corner. had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off. hooked the battery back up and it started again.....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i have the entire assembly and i will be bringing it home. only thing is you cant buy it new anymore i think, and they are worth good good money, i mean its the WHOLE master, acumulater, everything.
    I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
    Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex muffler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
    Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
    my $300 beater

T88C Guest

ok good deal but what can i do about this one? is there anything?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You dont need the whole assembly, just a relay I think.... dont spend your money on all that stuff heh, because it wouldnt fix a THING if its the relay.

Not trying to gyp you Mr Mason but I hate when I spend a bunch of money on something and it doesnt fix anything.
    93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
    bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
    02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
    97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

im just telling him that i have a unit if it turns out thats what he needs. wheres this relay i can run and get one in 5 mins. The car is a short four wheeler ride away
    my $300 beater