Thread: Anyone going to Ozzfest this year??

Feedback Score

Default Anyone going to Ozzfest this year??

Tickets were supposed to be free, however, we only had a 2 hour window to get them.... of course everything was too slow so we didn't get any.
    My sister got 4 off of E-bay, so she could take my boys, however her girlfriend decided she wanted to go too. The boys had plans of going with Roger, so that left him with no ticket. (I was kind of pizzed about that).
    I just went to E-bay and found them for $15 (no shipping charges). I was able to buy just one ticket, so now Roger gets to go too! I think I paid less than what my sister got her for.

Just so you know, if anyone from PA is trying to get tickets, you can't pay more than $6 a ticket. I was going to pay with my mom's credit card to surprise Roger(she lives in PA). It wouldn't let me do it for more than $6 a ticket. When I changed it to use my credit card it still kept insisting I was in PA.
    SO I e-mailed the guy with the tickets, and asked him to charge it to me through Pay Pal, which he did. I was able to buy it for Roger that way.

Just thought I'd let you guys know if anyone was interested.
    They are going to the Pittsburgh show August 24th, the day before Hunter's birthday.
    ~Karen~

slamedcat is offline Measure With Micrometer, Mark With Chalk, Cut With Ax
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I went in 2001. Personally I don't think its a place for anyone under 18 but thats my opinion.

Feedback Score

None of us has ever been to one. But, I know that Roger will watch out for the boys, as will their Aunts. The boys are smart and know not to do anything stupid, and they won't be allowed to go anywhere without an adult.
    There are a lot of bands playing this year that they all really like, which is why they are going. I want them to have fun as teens, and since they listen to the same music as their dad, he can be in on it with them, making sure they are protected.
    When they grow up, they can look back on it and say they had fun with their dad, and they'll have great memories of all the stuff they did together.
    ~Karen~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not saying that they won't be protected but there are a few things that I saw there that I wouldn't want my kids to see.

1 The side show freak that went into detail about what he used his tongue for. And the fact that he snorted a worm then spit it out then chewed it up and swollowed it.

2 The woman running around in her underware. Now I'm not saying it wasn't a nice site but its not something my kids need to see.

3 The amount of herbal smoke in the air and all the drunks running around.

4 This is what really scared me. The were doing pat downs and searches as you entered. They had me empty my pockets and turn the lip on the inside of my hat out to check it.

I went to the World Music Theater in Tinly Park. It may be different where you are going. I hope your kids and husband have a safe and fun time.

Feedback Score

WOW! I guess I never realized that sort of stuff went on, I know, a little naive.
    I'll be sure to tell Roger so he can keep an eye out for things. Those are definitely things I wouldn't want my kids to see/be around. They went to see Gwar a few months ago and they said there was a woman stripping on stage (for one of the opening bands), they weren't impressed at all. They said she was not even attractive, and they were really put off by it.
    Yes, I know everyone thinks teenage boys will look at anything, but they seriously weren't impressed, neither was Roger. They all just kind of walked away from it till it was over.
    ~Karen~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngel1198 View Post
    Yes, I know everyone thinks teenage boys will look at anything, but they seriously weren't impressed, neither was Roger. They all just kind of walked away from it till it was over.
    It wasn't because they were put off by it. Its because its kinda strange standing next to your dad watching a woman strip.

Ya I hope they have a fun time I know I did. I didn't drink either it was $6.50 for a 8oz. Milwaukee's Best.

Oh ya make sure they don't get anywhere near the mosh pit. It was a sea of fists and flying grass when I went. The pit was at the back of the place and I would say 30sec. into Godsmacks set there was no glass left on the ground and they were removing people on stretchers and wheel chairs.

Feedback Score

WOW! Thanks for the warning.... they love to mosh, I'll be sure to tell them.
    ~Karen~