Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3g install **go directly to post 50 for drawing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It shouldn't be doing anything, being on a DCControl setup. Also, I only went out there and probed it with the car cold/no fan running so it shouldn't affect anything as far as I know. I can force it on and test again if that gives any useful information. Not sure if I can completely disconnect the fan controller easily though. 33v seems like quite a bit getting through.

Edit: No change with the fan/controller disconnected from the rest of the electrical system. Everything else is stock, other than relays and such for lights, single wire ran down to the mini starter, etc (no big electrical addons/draw like the fan).

...made sure I wouldn't lose my receipt and have to go on a hunt for it before...and now I can't find it. Must have hid it too well. Even if I get a replace, need to do SOMETHING with the NAPA warranty.
    Last edited by Seek; 04-30-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sure enough, tried the battery out of the 64 tbird and tried hooking my cables up directly to another car's electrical system (bypassing battery in my car) and the same condition happens with ~15v DC/33v AC.

So which alternators do you guys use anyways? I've only heard much about PA Performance, not much else. Just curious.

84 Fila Guest

I have a 3G from a 2000 3.0 Tarus. Works fine for me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Manufacturer/remanufacturer though?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I know someone that had a bad PA Performance alternator right out of the box. Really I don't think it matters from whom you buy one...what does count is customer service and warranty. Right now I'm running a Bosch reman from Pep Boys...I believe it's ~$175 US. So far so good, much better than their basic remans (Pro Start?).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I'm running a Wilson reman in mine (I work in a shop that does Wilson rebuilds - what can I say?)
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Got the alt replaced (again). Sure enough, the mobile tester didn't find anything wrong with the electrical system, but the machine inside did and its replaced again. Thinking the alt may have damaged my battery, I had it tested indoors and after 10 minutes it spit out an error, saying to replace the battery (they didn't have the error code book?! It lost 150 cranking amps after the charge test)...so I picked up a "cheap" smaller battery to run while I can get my 65 replaced under warranty (Costco...should I upgrade to an Optima for difference in price?).

84 Fila Guest

I would. Optima are good batterys. What I'm getting for mine as soon as money can be spaired

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Okay, realized that Costco doesn't test the batteries, just take it back like most of their other merchandise and give a cash refund. Cheapest I can find a Yellow Top is $160 up the road.

Sorry for getting off topic in this thread, but I don't even know what it was started for What emails? It seems like this was meant as a private message or something.

84 Fila Guest

For all those that don't know, what can you get a 3G from. And what of those have the different "levels" of power?