Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Deciphering Fox Axels

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    Yes, the complete rear from any V8 Mustang '94 to '98 will work. You'll want to avoid the '99-'04 rears as the axles are longer, though the rear housing itself is identical. Alternatively, you could use a rear from a '99 up and simply throw in ANY axles from a '94 to 98 Mustang, regardless of it being a 7.5" or an 8.8 rear...the axle shafts themselves are dimensionally identical save for the extra inch or so on the '99 up models.
    Actually the 99-04 housing are wider.
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score

^ thanks for the speedy response, and yea mr mackin had his centerlines widened in the backspacing, i was just concerned if he needed any special work to put a 325 tire out back in the body... a fox mustang nearly requires a tub to fit all that meat back there. as for the brakes, im gonna do some lightweight aerospace brakes eventually and im pretty talented so im not too intimidated by custom brake lines. thanks for the info, looks like this is gonna be a fun project.
    -phil

theres never enough money to build it right, but theres always enough to build it twice!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I had 275/60's on my 87 bird with very little rub on a maxed out bump. I thing a smaller then 28" tire would fit fine, and i don't think a 275/50 would rub at all. With a bit it work in sure 325's could fit, but i think that is pushing it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com