Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-Brake cable questions *SOLVED* If you're swapping a TC rear in, READ THIS!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I went for 4-5 years without ebrakes. So you could imagine my excitment when I got it working lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Same set up I used, I was able to get them all together just moving the adjusating nut all the way out (I used cables from the 84 Mark VII) diden't have to cut or weld anything.

HOWEVER I havent got the brakes all together yet to know for sure if it's going to work or if I'm missing something.
    Cobra master has showed up so hope to get it together this weekend.
    Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I nominate this thread for the "Greatest Hits" forum.

It makes getting emergency brakes for non-TC cars so much easier.

Feedback Score

Can we get this stickied or something. So people don't have to keep asking about the TC parts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

There, I made it sticky. Real sticky...
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wanted to add this for any current or future car guy adding bigger rear disks to their car. I've been running around for awhile with no park brake cables since I changed over to the 8.8 disk setup. Well, as luck would have it, I got nailed this time around on my state inspection as they found it wasn't functional. Ok, no big problem I say. I remembered this post and the 90 lincoln mark cables I needed. So I purchase the cables and everything installs without a hitch. No lenghtening of any brackets or adjusters needed. Of course when any project goes that easy something bites you in the end. In my case the cables are tight against the tire. So I'm reciting every cuss word known to man for about an hour when the light bulb in my head comes on. I installed the Baer 13.25" rear disk upgrade awhile back and because the bracket in the kit pushes the caliper further out, it does not allow enough slack in the cable to clamp it to the control arm. So to help alleviate any headaches for anyone else who might consider an upgrade, I posted what I'm going to do to help fix the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
    88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Remaining pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
    88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

screaming306 Guest

So you mean to tell me that i just can't take every bolt on bracket and all the cables from an 87 t.c. and transfer all to an 84 t-bird ????? i have transfered it all but have not hooked it up under the driver's seat area yet???? on the t.c. the passenger cables goes across this flat peice of steel back toward the rear end. where did you run yours without being in the way of the exhuast ?????

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Miller View Post
    Same set up I used, I was able to get them all together just moving the adjusating nut all the way out (I used cables from the 84 Mark VII) diden't have to cut or weld anything.

HOWEVER I havent got the brakes all together yet to know for sure if it's going to work or if I'm missing something.
    Cobra master has showed up so hope to get it together this weekend.
    I did mine today,I didn't have to cut anything either,just backed off the ajuster.But I did run into the problem with the cable rubbing the tire.I removed the mount where the cable hooked into and rewelded it so it fit better.
    Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat,5.0 HO, CW mounts,mass air,CI custom cam,afr165's,Tmoss worked cobra intake,BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch,8.8 373 TC trac loc,che ajustables with bullits on the rear.11" brakes up front. +

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

There must be some differences, either in the aftermarket cables or the mounting brackets on these cars, because I did have to add some length as outlined above, but I had absolutely no issues with the cables being near the tires. In fact I had to zip-tie 'em to the lower control arms because they were almost too long in that respect. My cable ends were different than the ball end that Slicksport shows, too - mine were simple lugs on the cables. I'll have to get some pics...
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣