Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF" thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

True, but that's why I made this thread to begin with If a noob read my advice he now knows how to tell when a file extension is fake
    2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Feedback Score

Another few tips I might add:

Don't cache your passwords in your web browser(save your passwords)
    Use the keyscrambler add-on in Firefox, to scramble your usernames/passwords when entering them on a site that requires authentication (keeps you from being hacked via a keylogger)
    Back-up files as much as possible! (data is very important to end-users!)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Another note on the Ebay and Paypal fraud...

If you get an e-mail from ebay, dont open it, just go to Ebay.com. In most cases, buyers or sellers trying to contact you, along with issues with your account will be sent to you through Ebay.

Basically saying, if you get an E-mail saying "Question from Seller", go right to ebay.com, and check your messages.
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score

My 2c:

*Not all freeware is intrinsically bad - just make sure it's open source. If you're looking for something in particular, rather than searching "program freeware", try "program open source" or "program GPL"
    *Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus suite provided absolutely free to Windows customers (hooray for antitrust laws!). They've a vast signature database that's updated several times daily. Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download
    *NoScript and FlashBlock and HTTPS Everywhere browser plugins. My computer will not parse javascript or execute flash applets without my express permission, and the browser will ensure it's using encryption if it's available. Sites without encryption send passwords over the wire in plain text.
    *If you notice a forum you visit is NOT HTTPS (like this one), use a unique password dedicated to that forum only. If your credentials are intercepted (far easier than you'd think) and your passwords are the same across the Internet, you've just been royally pwned.

"Rusty Roadrage"
    Rollin deep in the '88 3.8.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

One hell of a thread revival. I still had a computer 10.years ago. Old, old information.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score

Whoops, didn't notice it was an old sticky, sorry 'bout that. Old info, yes, but still quite valid...

"Rusty Roadrage"
    Rollin deep in the '88 3.8.