Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! Overspeed Buzzer noise, anyone know where/what it is?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Help!!! Overspeed Buzzer noise, anyone know where/what it is?

Ok... I am at my wits end with this damn car... I have done SOOO much work to it, only to find that on the highway, when I exceed roughly 120 mph (My gauge stops at 95 ><) I get this horrid buzzing noise, much like a burglar alarm... and it's not the overboost light, (Fixed a vaccuum line and that stopped) I've heard that and this sound is like 10 time louder and annoying... It's under the dash somewhere, and it sounds almost mechanical of sorts... it'll slowly go away as I decelerate, but I want to completely remove it... I just don't know where it its, and I'd prefer not to dig around under the dash at those speeds O_O

Does anyone know what/how this pain in the a** works and/or how to disable or remove it? I'm running a 1987 Turbocoupe in case it helps... please!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I hate to be a big prick but why are you going OVER 120? Over 100 even, for that matter. Even with all new suspension, steering and brake components, these cars are still a 20-year-old design. And the design isn't safe at 120+

Feedback Score

Maybe hes talking KM/H? it might help if he would

PROPERLY FILL OUT HIS INFORMATION

Just a guess....
    1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think it's miles because the analog gauges stop at around 95mph. There are only numbers up to 85 but then there are a few more lines. Metric gauges go higher than that.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TurboChicken View Post
    when I exceed roughly 120 mph
    Sounds like this genius is in the States. Let's just hope this door knob takes himself out, and doesn't take a family out with him. Dumb phuk.
    Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyB View Post
    Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_D
    Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Warbird9 View Post
    Sounds like this genius is in the States. Let's just hope this door knob takes himself out, and doesn't take a family out with him. Dumb phuk.
    Well I'm sorry to have bothered you all, I suppose I asked the wrong person or question. Why or where I do these speeds is irrelevent... I do not condone nor do I do unsafe driving, there are tracks for this kind of thing. All I wish to know is where this annoyance is and how to remove it, simply for MY convienience.

As for the High Speeds and being a 20 year old design? It doesn't matter WHAT you drive, but it's all in where you're doing the driving, and if you're a complete moron or not. Maintainence also is a factor. If you know how to handle what you've got, then there should not be a problem with it, unless you are in fact a dumb a$$ in a Honda that was built for no more than 80 on a good day.

But whatever, I'm not here to start a war or upset anyone, I just wish to know if ANYONE has dealt with these things before and if so how to remove them. If there's a civil soul out there with useful information, I'd appreciate it.

As for my Information?

1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe
    2.3L L4 Turbo (IHI) Stock Intercooled
    Located in PA, yes, the states folks...
    Black with Red Leather... any other questions?

DJ_Inu2002@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Never heard of a "overspeed" buzzer......
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

What kind of boost are you pushing at those speeds? I suppose it could still be the overboost buzzer.
    I guess my '86 has one, but I've never heard it go off...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've left everything stock; to the best of my knowledge I'm only running a maximum of 15psi... the gauge on the dash (thought I know unreliable) doesn't budge above 10. Although I'm considering the whole 'bypass the bcs' to get to 17 psi, with the age of my IHI I don't want to push it too hard... I do know that with what boost I do have, my friend Goldie has clocked me at a top of 137 mph so far on an empty highway at 2 am... Not that I need anymore speed, but to get to about 80 faster would be entertaining ^_~

So yea, 15 max at the moment... and I thought maybe I had overboost, but that buzzer sounds different and I have the o.b. light... which no longer comes on since I changed all the turbo's broken vac lines out for good strong new ones... is my car just Ford's idea of a bastard child? I'm starting to notice a few things other TC's don't have that I'm stuck with...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

First off the overboost buzzer should go off at anyhting over 14.7psi. 2nd I bet these cars are better suited to go over 120mph than you think. They were designed for NASCAR. I do believe that a T-bird still holds the Nascar record at Tallidega and Daytona both of them are over 200mph. Also my overboost buzzer comes on at 13psi according to my autometer gauge. Not saying you should or shouldn't drive at 120mph but it is a free country. I guess this is gonna turn out like the seatbelt deal.