Skip to main content
Topic: Interesting read (Read 1415 times) previous topic - next topic

Interesting read

Check this article from Hemming’s out.
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2022/03/25/the-sophisticated-high-performance-thunderbird-turbo-coupe-is-a-surprisingly-durable-and-affordable-collector-car?refer=news&utm_source=edaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-03-28
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Re: Interesting read

Reply #1
Thanks Rick for posting the article.

I was a little stunned at the pricing at the end of the article.

I looked up the value for my car on Hagerty in good condition.....$15,800.  i think I would be lucky to get $5k.
https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-tools/ford/thunderbird/1988/1988-ford-thunderbird-turbo_coupe?id=aCn1I000000DKbLSAW&search=q%3D1988%2520Ford%2520Thunderbird
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #2
Hi Mikey, how are things in the nutmeg state? Carol and I are leaving Florida this Friday, (4/1) and starting our journey across a good part of the country. We will be passing through roughly 22 states in the next six months before returning to Florida for the fall/ winter. Looking forward to the journey, just not my diesel bill! Currently $5.19 here in Fl. We will be putting about 10,000 miles on pulling the fifth wheel and a bunch more sightseeing without the rig. Maybe I’ll post some pictures here showing some of the sights we see, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Moab, Hoover Dam Grand Canyon, Vegas, etc.
Glad to see Turbo Coupes getting some recognition at last. Not a Hellcat or GT 500 but great cars in their time.
Keep the Blue Ovals running!
Rick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.

Reply #3
Rick....if you're gonna be in the area, check out Devils Tower in Wyoming. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
It’s on our list. Thanks for the advice!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
Hi Mikey, how are things in the nutmeg state? Carol and I are leaving Florida this Friday, (4/1) and starting our journey across a good part of the country. We will be passing through roughly 22 states in the next six months before returning to Florida for the fall/ winter. Looking forward to the journey, just not my diesel bill! Currently $5.19 here in Fl. We will be putting about 10,000 miles on pulling the fifth wheel and a bunch more sightseeing without the rig. Maybe I’ll post some pictures here showing some of the sights we see, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Moab, Hoover Dam Grand Canyon, Vegas, etc.
Glad to see Turbo Coupes getting some recognition at last. Not a Hellcat or GT 500 but great cars in their time.
Keep the Blue Ovals running!
Rick
:headbang:

Rick, it sounds like you are going to have an epic summer!  We stayed at a motel in Moab cause I wasn't going to even try to keep the tin box cool in those temps.  Please post pictures of your adventure!

Connecticut can't make its mind up what season it is yet.  March, in like a lamb and out like a lion normal.  I did get the studs off the bike and back to regular bie tires .  I am hoping to get back into doing my hour motos to stay in shape since I had carpal tunnel surgery done last fall.  I spent all my play money on my bike this year upgrading suspension and stuff rather than the car.  Just going to drive the car this year and enjoy.

1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #6
I posted a comment on that article with a shameless plug for the site.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp