PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Seat problems...

Metal Matt
05-23-2005, 07:22 AM
On my driver's side seat, the rear tilt works, but not the front tilt. When you press the front tilt button, you hear the motor but nothing happens. Aren't these both ran off the same motor? Perhaps something is stuck in the way like a coin or something?

jcassity
05-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I really forgot how many motors there are under there. I got to see them when i gutted the interior but i just forgot what i saw.

the evtm shows three motors.
forward / reverse motor
forward height motor
rear height motor

the forward height motor might be what your calling the "tilt",, correct?

if so,, your looking for the yellow/light blue and red/light blue wire connector.
if you hear the motor running, is a mechanical problem. Im not privy to how the seats work as far as the mechanical goes , never needed to figure it out so i cant help on that.

CougarSE
05-23-2005, 09:30 PM
jcassity there are three motors. LOL Each motor has what looks like a small speedometer cable coming out of it and they all three go to differn't places. Well on my car one of the cables came out and did what you are talking about. More than likely that is the problem.

jcassity
05-24-2005, 07:49 AM
i think there could be as many as five if you have power reline and lumbar in addition to the others.